- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Toronto Police at 9:40 p.m. on Wednesday night officially charged Justin Bieber with assault, and said he is scheduled to appear in court on March 10.
In a statement, the Toronto Police Services alleged that at 2:50 a.m. on the morning of Dec. 30, a limousine picked up around six people outside a nightclub in Toronto’s entertainment district.
The police said that, while the limo drove the group to a hotel, an “altercation occurred between one of the passengers and the driver of the limousine.” The police did not specify in the statement whether the person who assaulted the limo driver was Bieber or another member of his entourage.
“In the course of the altercation, a man struck the limousine driver on the back of the head several times,” the statement continued.
The driver then apparently stopped and left the limo, and rang the police.
“The man who struck him left the scene before police arrived,” the statement continued.
Police requested anyone with information on the alleged assault to contact them. Earlier on Wednesday, Bieber turned himself in to Toronto Police.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day