- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
While Justin Bieber was serenading Johannesburg, South Africa, during a Mother’s Day concert, criminals reportedly were hard at work pulling off an elaborate heist backstage.
According to the local Eyewitness News, a group of suspects executed an Ocean’s 11-type stunt involving ropes and chisels to lower themselves into a safe room at the FNB stadium. They made off with the night’s concert earnings, which TMZ estimates to be approximately $330,000 in cash.
The suspects managed to pull off the break-in undetected Sunday, and it was not until Monday morning that stadium management and concert promoters were made aware. Police, forensic experts and security company officials placed the stadium on lockdown later Monday to investigate.
Bieber tweeted at TMZ about the incident, saying simply: “It wasn’t me.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day