- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Days after if was confirmed that he and Selena Gomez had broken up, Justin Bieber took to the stage at Boston’s TD Garden arena on Saturday and performed one of the greatest kiss-off songs in a generation, Justin Timberlake‘s “Cry Me a River.”
Armed with acoustic six-strings, Bieber and guitarist Dan Kanter sat down for a passionate rendition of the 2002 classic, which was famously inspired by Timberlake’s split with Britney Spears.
Gomez and Bieber broke up a week ago, according to E! News. “Because of their crazy schedules, it was getting harder and harder to maintain a relationship,” a source revealed. Another insider confirmed the breakup with the AP.
As Beliebers know, the 18-year-old star has a long relationship with the song. A version uploaded to YouTube in 2008 has been watched more than 20 million times and Bieber mashed the track with Kanye West‘s “Heartless” for Billboard a year later.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day