- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Justin Bieber appeared on NBC’s Today show on Friday to promote his Christmas album and also denied all allegations that he is the father of 20-year-old Mariah Yeater‘s infant boy.
“I never met the woman,” Bieber told co-host Matt Lauer during an exterior interview with a backdrop of dozens of screaming tweenage Bieber fans.
“I know I”m going to be a target, but I’ll never be a victim,” he said. “Every night after the show, I go right from the stage to my car. So it’s crazy that people want to make up such allegations. But to set the record straight: None of it is true.”
Bieber is the target of a lawsuit brought by Yeater, who claims she and Bieber had sex backstage after his Staples Center concert in October 2010.
The LAPD has said they may investigate the incident, since the ages of the parties involved (Bieber was 16 and Yeater was 19) means the alleged incident would violate California statutory rape law.
Cmdr. Andrew Smith has said that no report was taken about the alleged incident in 2010.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day