- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Canadian pop sensation Justin Bieber is helping his hometown of Stratford, Ontario raise money to rebuild a local skateboarding park.
A red 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0 that Bieber autographed over the Christmas holidays while visiting his family in Canada will go on sale on eBay this Friday.
The fund-raiser followed Bieber’s grandmother recently buying a new car at the Hyundai dealership in Stratford.
And that got dealership owner Frank Sandola asking if her grandson could autograph a donated car that could then be auctioned off to help a local charity.
Beiber earlier raised $10,000 for a hometown food bank, Stratford House of Blessing, where he and his mother at one time would go when they couldn’t manage a proper Christmas meal.
So the pop idol agreed to get behind the Stratford Hyundai’s fund-raiser to improve the local skateboard and BMX bike park built in 2000.
On December 23, the local dealership was papered over and Bieber slipped in to sign the new car’s dashboard, complete with music notes.
The public auction for the new car is set to start January 20, and run for 10 days.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day