- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Justin Bieber not only has a new movie out (Never Say Never, opening Feb. 11), he has a new haircut!
Arriving at THR’s photo shoot on Monday, photographed by Jeff Lipsky, the 16-year-old teen phenom (who premieres Never Say Never Tuesday in Los Angeles) sported a fresh trim on his famous locks (styled by Vanessa Price) that he had received just two days before, as he prepared to be photographed alongside Usher, whom Bieber describes as “like a brother,” and Antonio “L.A.” Reid, chairman and CEO of Island Def Jam Music Group, the company that signed him in October 2008 (when no one else would). “We’re like a family coming together,” says Usher. “That’s what makes a great career.”
The piece explores the roots of Bieber Fever, and his team’s near-perfect synergy of social networking prowess, pop instinct, undeniable talent and old fashioned grassroots campaigning. Bieber has sold more than 10 millions albums worldwide, has two Grammy nominations, including the much-coveted Best New Artist award, is a merchandising phenomenon and now likely is a movie star as well.
The full story appears in The Hollywood Reporter, on newsstands in LA and NYC on Thursday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day