- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A heartbreaking car accident on July 3 killed Joshua and Robin Berry. Two of their three children, Peter, 9, and Aaron, 8, were paralyzed and remain hospitalized. Willa, their younger sister, suffered broken bones.
The Berry family’s tragic story has touched the hearts of Hollywood, who have reached out to their fans on Twitter for donations for the orphaned children.
Someone in Justin Bieber’s camp is apparently a friend of the Berry family, and Bieber reached out to help soon after the accident. He’s posted multiple tweets on his account, pointing fans to the charity set up for the Berry children, Show Your Hearts.
“My understanding is that [Justin] wanted to do something to help, and the best way they could help was to create awareness,” Matt Berry, the children’s uncle, told MTV.
Bieber, who changed his Twitter photo to the Show Your Hearts logo, tweeted, “seeing u all come together for #showyourhearts is pretty amazing. keep donating and spreading the word. super grateful and proud of my fans.”
Other celebrities who have spoken out about the charity include Khloe and Kim Kardashian, Gavin Degraw, Nicki Hilton, Mike Tyson, the Jonas Brothers and Ellen DeGeneres.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day