- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Justin Bieber’s videos have surpassed 2 billion views on YouTube, thanks to his new Christmas single “Mistletoe.”
The pop singer became the first artist reached the threshold, which he hit sometime Sunday, according to YouTube’s Trends blog.
Meanwhile, his video for “Mistletoe” was released Oct. 18 and has already passed 30 million views. It’s still averaging more than a million views every day. (Watch the video below.)
“Mistletoe” also was one of the top searches globally on YouTube over the past 30 days, with the video hovering near the top of the site’s music charts for the past two weeks.
Lady Gaga was the first artist to pass 1 billion views, and Bieber joined her in those ranks a year ago, spurred in part by his clip for “Baby,” which was the most-watched music video in 2010. That video is still racking up thousands of views on a daily basis.
But Bieber beat Gaga to the 2 billion mark. She currently has 1.9 billion YouTube views, according to FameCount.com, which tracks trends and statistics on celebrities across Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
However, she still tops him on Twitter, where she has 15.3 million followers, trailed by his nearly 14 million.