- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Justin Bieber has been convicted of careless driving in Canada.
The Canadian pop phenom’s lawyer, Seth Weinstein, confirmed to the Canadian Press newswire that a plea deal had produced a $750 fine for careless driving and an absolute discharge on an assault conviction.
Bieber’s conviction stemmed from a 2014 car collision with a local photographer in rural Ontario.
He originally had been charged with dangerous driving, which now was reduced to careless driving as part of a plea deal with local prosecutors.
Bieber and then-girlfriend, Selena Gomez‘, holiday retreat in Stratford, Ontario, last year apparently was interrupted by the unwelcome presence of the paparazzo, leading to the vehicle collision.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
iHeartRadio Music Awards: Taylor Swift Honored With Innovator Award, Harry Styles Among Top Winners
Jonathan Majors Arrested and Charged With Assault, Lawyer Says Actor Is “Completely Innocent”
Jeremy Renner Shares Video Walking on Anti-Gravity Treadmill After Snowplow Accident: “Time for My Body to Rest and Recover”