- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bieber won four statues overall — for every category in which he was nominated. His other wins were for favorite pop-rock album for My World 2.0, breakthrough artist and favorite male pop artist.
The winners are determined by fan votes, which likely gave Bieber the edge given his young, rabid fan base.
Going into Sunday’s show, Eminem and Lady Antebellum led the nominees with five each.
Eminem, a no-show who typically avoids awards shows, was named favorite male rap/hip-hop artist and also won best rap/hip-hop album for Recovery.
Elsewhere in the best album categories, Usher won the R&B/soul award for Raymond v. Raymond, while Carrie Underwood nabbed top country music album for Play On.
Shakira, another no-show, was named favorite Latin music artist. The Black Eyed Peas won best pop/rock band, duo or group.
Taylor Swift won for the only category in which she was nominated: favorite female country artist. The singer dominated last year’s show and is likely to garner several noms next year for her recently released third album, Speak Now.
Brad Paisley was named favorite male country artist, while Rihanna took home the award for favorite female R&B/soul artist.
Reuters and the Associated Press contributed to this report.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day