- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Canadian pop sensation Justin Bieber is under investigation by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police over an alleged laser tag game mishap with a 12-year-old.
RCMP Corporal Annie Linteau told the Vancouver Sun newspaper Sunday that Bieber is under the police microscope for allegedly injuring a 12-year-old boy Friday at 5:30 p.m. at a “local Richmond entertainment facility,” in a suburb of Vancouver.
The younger boy, whose identity has not been revealed, is understood to have sustained minor injuries that did not require medical care.
The newspaper account said Bieber was trying to avoid getting tagged during a game of laser tag and accidentally knocked the 12-year-old in his path.
“There is an active investigation,” the RCMP spokesman reportedly said. “We are in the process of interviewing a number of people that saw what might have happened.”
Bieber has been in Vancouver over the weekend ahead of a concert in the city on Tuesday night.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day