- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The singer took the stage solo to perform a slowed-down version of “Love Yourself,” which had him strumming a guitar. At the end of the song, Bieber slammed his guitar on the floor before running back to the main stage, where he was joined with Jack Ü duo Diplo and Skrillex to perform their hit single before a glaring yellow background.
Bieber was nominated with Diplo and Skrillex for the hit single, and the trio won for best dance recording during the pre-show.
It was the Jack Ü pair’s first live TV performance (they also won the Grammy for best dance/electronic album for Skrillex and Diplo Present Jack Ü).
There were several other “firsts” at the 58th Grammys: The show was broadcast on a Monday night and live coast-to-coast for the first time in its history; presented a live performance from the cast of Hamilton on Broadway; and aired a live music video for Gwen Stefani’s “Make Me Like You.”
Taylor Swift, Adele, Kendrick Lamar and The Weeknd also performed at the LL Cool J-hosted Grammy Awards, which were broadcast live on CBS from Staples Center in Los Angeles.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day