- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The parody — dubbed, appropriately enough, “Measure, Yeah, Measure” — features Elmo and the look-alike explaining the purpose of how to use rulers, scales and other measuring devices.
The song starts out with the Bieber Muppet — whom Elmo calls “JB” — singing: “See I never thought that I could find out, just how big a jumbo shrimp could be, but now I’m certain I don’t have a doubt, if you want to know the size I hold the key.”
The key, of course, is a ruler.
In the chorus, he sings: “I will measure, I’ll measure. Crustacean measuring is a cinch. … This shrimp is one foot and one inch.”
They proceed to weigh an elephant, showing how a scale works, and explain other measuring tools like utensils used in the kitchen.
Elmo also shows off his rapping skills during the video, which features the duo in a recording studio.
Season 42 of Sesame Street premieres Monday.
Watch the clip below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day