- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the May 31 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Seems Justin Timberlake has pulled an Anne Hathaway.
You may remember on Oscar day that Valentino sent out a press release saying the actress would be wearing one of his dresses, only for her to show up in Prada. Hathaway soon apologized publicly to her friend.
Fast forward to Cannes, where Tom Ford, who designed and styled all the suits for Timberlake’s “Suit & Tie” video, issued a release trumpeting that he was the singer-actor’s tux designer for the May 19 premiere of his Inside Llewyn Davis. Alas, J.T. showed up in a Balenciaga.
Ford could not be reached for comment by press time. A rep for Timberlake says the singer never confirmed any designers for his Cannes trip, although he wore both Tom Ford and Balenciaga during his time there.
Correction: A previous version of this article misidentified Timberlake’s stylist as Estee Stanley. It is, in fact, Michael Nash.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day