- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Not everyone is thrilled Kanye West is scheduled to headline the Glastonbury Festival.
A Change.org petition asking the festival to kick out West and bring in a rock band has passed 60,000 signatures in three days.
“Kanye West is an insult to music fans all over the world,” reads the petition. “We spend hundreds of pounds to attend glasto, and by doing so, expect a certain level of entertainment.”
West is signed on to headline the Saturday portion of the festival. Foo Fighters will headline Friday night, with Lionel Richie the only other confirmed act.
“Kanye has been very outspoken on his views on music,” the petition continues. “He should listen to his own advice and pass his headline slot on to someone deserving! Lets [sic] prevent this musical injustice now!”
Reps for the festival did not immediately respond to request for comment. West’s rep declined to comment.
The festival runs June 24-28.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day