- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Could Kanye West be the next — and final — American Idol?
After performing for President Barack Obama at a Democratic National Committee event in San Francisco on Saturday morning (Oct. 10), West headed over to where S.F. auditions were being held for the final season of American Idol.
When Yeezy stepped onto the audition stage, Idol judges Jennifer Lopez, Harry Connick Jr. and Keith Urban appeared to be surprised to see him, TMZ reports. But it’s unclear whether the audition was a publicity stunt to heighten ratings for the show’s upcoming 15th season, or just some good ole fun.
Either way, the rapper’s wife Kim Kardashian caught the whole shenanigan on camera and shared it with her millions of followers on Instagram and Twitter. “SURPRISE,” she captioned a photo of West smiling in front of the judges. See the pic below.
We can’t wait to see what material West used for his Idol audition and how the judges critiqued his performance. Sending Kanye to Hollywood would definitely be a memorable way to end Idol‘s lengthy run.
A photo posted by Kim Kardashian West (@kimkardashian) on
— American Idol (@AmericanIdol) October 11, 2015
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day