- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Kanye West kicked off his ‘Yeezus’ tour in Seattle, WA on Saturday and as always, left people talking.
The show, which reportedly started two hours late due to an equipment truck being stolen, lasted two hours. Ye’ performed material from his six-album discography, including live debuts of “Yeezus” cuts (“Hold My Liquor,” “I’m In It” and “Guilt Trip”), according to Consequence of Sound.
But what has the Internet stunned is the stage production (which included a giant mountain top), merchandise (t-shirts with skulls and confederate flags printed on them), and Kanye West’s guest, a Jesus Christ look-alike.
The actor dressed as Jesus walked on stage before ‘Ye performed his College Dropout hit, “Jesus Walks.” “White Jesus, is that you?… Oh, shit!,” he said jokingly, according to MTV News. Ye’, alongside a group of women back-up dancers dressed in white, later bowed to the Jesus look-alike as he stood on the mountain top.
Before Kanye hit the stage, Kendrick Lamar performed a nine-song set which included songs off his “good kid, m.a.a.d. city” album.
Check out footage from the ‘Yeezus’ tour courtesy of DONDA Creative Director, Virgil Abloh:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day