- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
James Corden is picking up a very famous passenger for an upcoming segment of The Late Late Show‘s “Carpool Karaoke.” That’s right: Kanye West will play hitchhiker and rap along with Corden as they drive around Los Angeles.
The news comes from Corden’s recent interview with GQ, where he also revealed that West had canceled two previously scheduled appearances on the show.
“Kanye has been booked to do [it] twice now, but both times something came up,” Corden said. “He’ll do it eventually … He wants to do it.”
Corden also mentioned in the interview that “Carpool Karaoke’s” proverbial white whale is, of course, Beyonce.
“It would break the internet,” he said. “She’s on tour right now. We’re working on it.”
The interview leaves a lot of questions unanswered: What is Kanye’s go-to karaoke song? “Margaritaville“? “Not Ready to Make Nice”? Will Corden put on a Taylor Swift song? Inquiring minds would like to know.
This all comes after it was announced that Carpool Karaoke will spin off into its own Apple Music exclusive, with a host who isn’t James Corden to be announced.
This story first appeared on billboard.com
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day