- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“This documentation has no sound,” reads the opening line of Kanye West’s new Yeezy Season 2 film. Coming from the man and musician who loves to hear himself philosophize and has never hesitated to articulate his often outrageous thoughts, a film without sound is quite revolutionary.
Though you may not be able to hear West — creative genius — speak about the similarities between himself and Michelangelo in this particular instance, viewers are privileged to a few quick glimpses of the back of West’s head, sewing machines doing their machine thing as well as plenty of eerie shots of dimly lit hallways and empty studios. (Plus, if you make it to the end of the film, you’ll catch North West‘s cute cameo.)
The film, which documents the production of Yeezy Season 2 from conception to its much discussed surprise fashion show, comes on the heels of the launch of the Yeezy Season 1 collection, which is available tomorrow. According to Fashionista, the line will be sold at various stockists, including Mr Porter, Matches Fashion and Adidas, as well as in stores at luxury boutiques.
Watch the silent film here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day