- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kanye West is done with social media — at least for now.
As of Friday, the rapper/fashion designer’s Twitter and Instagram accounts were no longer active. The URL pages now say, “Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!” on Twitter and, “Sorry, this page isn’t available.” on Instagram.
It’s unclear why Yeezy decided to delete his accounts, but, interestingly enough, he did so the morning before launching his new children’s collection he designed with wife Kim Kardashian. The Calabasas, Calif.-themed range is scheduled to drop at 12 p.m. PT on TheKidsSupply.com, a website designed with the same typeface as West’s Yeezy e-commerce website.
On the other hand, Kardashian is promoting their kids’ line through her own social media accounts. She noted on Twitter that her other half hand-drew the logo for the line.
Perhaps West wanted to separate himself even more from the limelight by going on a social media cleanse. He did skip the Met Gala on Monday, after all. Kardashian went solo, telling Andre Leon Talley that her husband was at home, “taking some time off and really loving that.”
West has been keeping a low profile since being hospitalized for exhaustion and sleep deprivation last November.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day