- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Kanye West brought his Sunday Service to Dayton, Ohio, to honor the victims of a recent mass shooting that left nine people dead and dozens more injured.
The gospel and worship event, held Sunday at the city’s RiverScape MetroPark, drew a large crowd and included such guests as Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock and Saturday Night Live‘s Michael Che, along with West’s wife, Kim Kardashian, and their children.
Chappelle took the stage at one point, noting that even through the difficult times, “we’re still here and we’re still strong. And the only way, but not the only way, but the best way that we can honor our fallen is by getting up better than we were before,” TMZ reports.
Kanye also led a crowd sing-along of “Happy Birthday” to Chappelle, who turned 46 years old on Saturday. The rapper reportedly didn’t perform during the service.
Watch the full Sunday Service live stream in Dayton here.
In support of the victims and survivors of the Dayton mass shooting https://t.co/RFr8A4birh
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) August 25, 2019
JESUS WALKS | DAYTON, OH pic.twitter.com/mzc1sdVmFz
— TeamKanyeDaily (@TeamKanyeDaily) August 25, 2019
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day