- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Following an untelevised pro-Trump speech while a guest on Saturday Night Live last week, Kanye West is set to meet with the president and his son-in-law Jared Kushner at the White House on Thursday, according to a report in The New York Times.
West is expected to attend a lunch with Kushner and then meet with President Donald Trump afterward. A person familiar with the matter told the Times that West wanted to discuss job opportunities for former convicts as well as how to increase the number of manufacturing jobs in the Chicago area where West is from.
Further details of the meetings were not reported.
On the most recent episode of SNL, castmember Pete Davidson criticized West, who wore a Make America Great Again hat during his speech, for his statements, saying, “Being mentally ill is not an excuse to act like a jackass.” Davidson then put on a hat that read: “Make Kanye 2006 Again.”
Trump and West met before, in 2016, at Trump Tower in Manhattan shortly after the businessman turned politician was elected president.
Earlier this year, the president met with West’s wife, Kim Kardashian West, to discuss the life sentence of Alice Johnson, an African-American woman, for a drug offense. Following the meeting, Trump commuted Johnson’s sentence.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day