- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fashionistas on the job hunt might be wise to update their Linkedin profiles — Kanye West is hiring. According to a post on the resume-based social networking site LinkedIn, the hip-hop mogul is looking for a vice president or production for his untitled “clothing projec.t”
Little has been revealed about West’s new project, though the job description does give a little insight into what we can expect. It says eve though the actual brand name has not yet been announced, the game plan is to “leverage Mr. West’s success in high fashion and hip-hop music to bring accessible style to malls and other outlets across America and around the world. Mr. West will play a hands-on role in leading design efforts, having studied and worked with design houses such as Fendi, Giuseppe Zanotti, Nike and Louis Vuitton.”
PHOTOS: Kanye West’s 20 Most Jaw-Dropping Quotes
The job listing was originally posted Sept. 4. West debuted his first clothing line in 2011 and currently has a menswear line out with A.P.C.
Find the job posting below:
Opportunities like this Vice President, Production role are few and far between: you will play a key role in launching a new clothing line designed by Kanye West. The venture will be very high profile and, unlike those in which celebrities merely lend their name to a label, this venture will have the power of Mr. West’s creative genius at the heart and soul of it. In this role you will oversee all aspects of production, from pre-production to sourcing to production, building the function from square one. In addition to interacting with Mr. West, you will join a team that has deep experience and track records of success in the industry.
This could be a great opportunity for a Senior Director of Production at a larger company to step up into the lead role. To be a good fit for the Vice President, Production opportunity you will have:
• Significant relevant experience in men’s and women’s ready to wear (RTW) fashion apparel, including at least two years at the Director level.
• A track record of success in production and demonstrated knowledge of production planning, global sourcing and supply chain management, assortment planning, product lifecycle planning, integrating product development and sourcing, etc.
• Experience managing people, including leading teams that include both local people and people in other countries.
• Experience with multiple product lines in multiple categories.
• Experience with both large, established RTW houses and smaller, scale-up operations.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Mindy Kaling, Bruce Springsteen, Julia Louis-Dreyfus Among Honorees of White House’s National Medals of Arts
Ed Sheeran Goes on Intimate Journey in New Disney+ Docuseries ‘Ed Sheeran: The Sum of It All’
Mark Twain Prize
Adam Sandler’s Starry Friends Toast His Comic Legacy as He Receives Mark Twain Humor Prize
Jason Ritter Jokes His First Hollywood Job Was a “Full-on Nepotism Hire” Thanks to His Dad John Ritter