- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
What Gawker purports to be an audio recording of West on that fateful night recently has surfaced, displaying an even angrier and more bitter West than the one crashing the stage uninvited.
In the audio, a clearly heated West tells a tableful of friends that “Taylor Swift cannot beat Beyonce as long as [I’m] alive. … My mother died for this fame shit! I’m gon’ do this until y’all put a bullet in my head.”
West continued to rant about the injustice of having to sit through two Pink songs that “nobody knows,” instead of performing his own single, “Heartless,” which was “the biggest song of the year” and “had the most spins of the first quarter.”
Anyone who took his subsequent apologies seriously needs to reconsider the level of sincerity West threw into them.
And with the 2013 VMAs scheduled for Aug. 25, the long-standing tradition of Kanye West outbursts and controversies seems poised to continue.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day