- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
New York City mayor Bill de Blasio is game to throw a block party with Kanye West and Kim Kardashian, so long as they do some planning in advance.
The politician posted a message to the couple on Twitter on Monday, after West shut down city streets trying to throw a show at Webster Hall on Sunday.
West’s Governors Ball headlining set had been canceled, so he and his G.O.O.D. Music family took over HOT 97 Summer Jam and then tried to hold a show at Webster Hall, which was canceled after thousands of New Yorkers flooded the streets trying to get in.
From there, as documented in Kardashian’s Snapchat, Kanye tried to reach de Blasio in an attempt to throw a public block party — something that, understandably, did not happen.
“Great block parties are planned,” de Blasio tweeted to West and Kardashian, adding that he and his wife, Chirlane McCray, would be happy to throw one with him “to benefit NYC kids.”
— Bill de Blasio (@BilldeBlasio) June 6, 2016
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day