- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The only thing better than Kanye West doing stand-up comedy is Kanye West doing stand-up comedy, Seinfeld-style.
The musician’s winding 13-minute speech while accepting the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at the MTV Movie Awards on Sunday — which included the announcement that he plans on running for president in 2020 — has spawned a few parodies, including Jimmy Kimmel‘s comparison of the moment to Donald Trump‘s campaign and The Hollywood Reporter’s own quiz on the similar announcements.
However, David Elmaleh, the TV writer also responsible for the viral spoof trailer The Walking Deadpool, recut West’s speech to play like a stand-up comedy set, complete with laughter and chants from the audiences after well-received jokes.
Watch the video below.
Further, that video was rereleased by the popular parody account @Seinfeld2000 as a Seinfeld episode-starting set, complete with the show’s theme song.
— Seinfeld Current Day (@Seinfeld2000) September 1, 2015
But in case these videos are still too long, GQ shared a video on Facebook that gathers the highlights of the 13-minutes speech into one 16-second video.
Kanye’s #VMAs speech in 16 seconds.
Posted by GQ on Monday, August 31, 2015
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day