- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
During a sit-down with former Idol judge Jennifer Lopez, Couric confirms that hip-hop star Nicki Minaj and country crooner Keith Urban will join Mariah Carey and Idol fixture Randy Jackson at the table when the show returns in January.
Lopez was confused as to whether the show’s producers had made the decision on Minaj and Urban official, asking Couric, “Did they announce?”
When Couric answered, “Yeah,” Lopez was elated.
“Oh, thank God. I love Randy,” the singer-actress said. “I’m glad he’s doing it.”
The Bronx native also was diplomatic when Couric pressed her to comment on the new lineup.
“That’s an eclectic group,” she said. “I think they all have something really different to offer, so it should be interesting.”
A Fox representative told ABCNews.com: “Please note that the only confirmed judge for American Idol is Mariah Carey. No other judges have been announced at this time.”
Fox representatives could not immediately be reached for comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day