- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Oct. 31 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
The superstar singer, who enters a new decade on Oct. 25 while on a three-week break from her smash hit Prismatic World Tour, was prepping to take her entourage to Egypt for a string of parties, tourist stops and even a cruise down the Nile River.
But word leaked of her itinerary, forcing Perry and her team to nix the entire Egypt excursion due to “safety reasons,” confirmed a source.
No word on where she’ll go instead, but fans eager to see a Cleopatra-esque Perry can still check her out on stage through March 2015. She’ll launch the Australia/New Zealand leg of the tour on Nov. 7 continuing through Dec. 20 before taking the tour to Europe on Feb. 16, wrapping up in Stockholm on March 22.
In September, Perry’s Prismatic World tour reached No. 1 on Billboard‘s weekly Hot Tours recap thanks to sales of $31 million from the North American leg. According to Billboard, the grosses included shows from a two-month time span from July 15-Sept. 23.
Tour aside, Perry’s birthday wish has already been granted. Who needs Egypt when you’ve got Shakey’s Pizza, right?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day