- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Katy Perry has sold millions of records, traveled the globe on a sold-out tour and voiced a beloved character in a surprise animated blockbuster. Still, the pop superstar has one major gig that got away.
“There was a time when I was going to be involved in The Help,” Perry said in a new interview with Teen Vogue. “Just a small part, I wasn’t going to be Emma Stone or anything, but I couldn’t because the shooting schedule conflicted with the release of my record.”
“I was upset about that,” she continued. “I knew it was going to be an important film. Not that I need to do drama first, but I do want to do something that makes a strong impression.”
With Perry’s 3D concert pic Part of Me on schedule to hit theaters on July 5, acting seems a logical next step for the pop tart’s expanding resume. Just last week, Perry nabbed the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite Voice From an Animated Movie for her role as Smurfette in Sony’s The Smurfs.
Click here to view the trailer for Perry’s Part of Me concert film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day