- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Much was written about the 10-year anniversary of Kelly Clarkson‘s American Idol win on Tuesday, and at a show in Independence, Missouri the following night, the former cocktail waitress took her own moment to reflect.
Heeding a fan’s request, the original Idol resurrected “A Moment Like This,” her rarely performed coronation single from the show’s inaugural season. The appreciative crowd in turn awarded the Burleson, Texas native with a standing ovation.
“Ten years ago, I won Idol,” she said during her Wednesday concert. “I don’t sing the Idol song too much, so I thought I’d do it just in honor of the anniversary.”
Clarkson further commemorated the occasion by ditching her usual Ozzy Osbourne and Van Halen tees in favor of a more formal look — a gown representing her iconic win.
“It was a really cool moment for me. It was my way into the industry, so I am super thankful for American Idol,” she said. “It’s crazy that it’s still on. It’s crazy that you’re all here watching me.”
Watch Clarkson perform “A Moment Like This” in the video below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day