- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kelly Rowland shows off her swimming skills in her new video for “Dirty Laundry,” but luckily the singer didn’t have to put them to the test when she became lost at sea on Friday.
Rowland was among a group of passengers on a private boat that was following a commercial whale-watching vessel north of Provincetown, Mass. The Coast Guard was forced to send a commercial towboat operator to rescue the boat after its captain lost sight of the whale-watching vessel and became disoriented. According to TowBoat U.S. Provincetown’s Facebook page, the lost boat was located about 33 miles north of Provincetown.
Meanwhile, Rowland swims through her pain in the newly released video for her emotional track “Dirty Laundry.” As she sings about an abusive boyfriend and her jealousy of former Destiny’s Child group member Beyonce, Rowland is seen in a black swimsuit, diving underwater and watching herself in the mirror as she reminisces about her unhappy past.
“It was very emotional. It took me days to record,” Rowland told Billboard of the track. “I had to get past being so upset and actually sing the song, not sob through it.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day