- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kevin Gates has been charged with simple battery after “deliberately” kicking an 18-year-old woman during a recent concert in Florida, the Lakeland Police Department tells Billboard. ABC Action News first reported the news.
According to police, Gates (real name Kevin Jerome Gilyard) “turned and deliberately kicked [18-year-old Miranda] Dixon in the stomach/chest area” after she touched his pant leg during a concert on Friday.
The kick allegedly knocked Dixon back into the crowd and “caused her to lose consciousness for a brief period of time,” according to the press release. A police report on the incident indicates that Dixon wants to pursue charges against the 29-year-old rapper.
Although Gates has been buzzing on the Internet for several years, he’s attracted more headlines for bizarre behavior in the last year than his music. He unapologetically Instagrammed about having sex with his cousin earlier in 2015, and not long after that, he claimed that he kicked a woman out of his house for refusing to give his dog fellatio.
His 2015 release, Luca Brasi 2, peaked at No. 38 on the Billboard 200.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day