- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kristin Chenoweth is returning to her roots with her first concert special, Kristin Chenoweth: Coming Home, and an accompanying live album.
Filmed over the summer in her hometown of Broken Arrow, Okla., the 46-year-old Broadway veteran performs 15 songs at the Kristin Chenoweth Theatre in the city’s performing arts center for a career-spanning CD, in stores Monday, that incorporates her varied musical interests, from theater classics and pop standards to gospel and contemporary music. It also includes hits such as Wicked‘s “Popular.”
The Hollywood Reporter exclusively premieres a sneak peek at one of the performances featured in the PBS special, which premieres Nov. 28 as part of PBS Arts Fall Festival, for a song called “Fathers and Daughters.” It’s a ballad that holds deep meaning for Chenoweth, who says it focuses on the relationship she has with her father, Jerry.
Concord Records will release the Kristin Chenoweth: Coming Home concert special on DVD in February. PBS will distribute the album and DVD edition as part of a fundraiser.
Below is the tracklist for Chenoweth’s Coming Home.
1. I Could Have Danced All Night (3:10)
2. Maybe This Time (3:16)
3. My Coloring Book (4:20)
4. Bring Him Home (4:20)
5. Fathers and Daughters (3:41)
6. Hard Times Come Again No More (5:06)
7. Upon This Rock (5:08)
8. Over the Rainbow (3:18)
9. Popular (3:41)
10. For Good (5:13)
11. Little Sparrow (6:23)
12. Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again (3:16)
13. All the Things You Are (2:19)
14. No More Tears (Enough Is Enough) (5:23)
15. I Was Here (5:24)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day