- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lady Gaga has apologized for using the word “retarded” in a recent interview.
Speaking to music magazine NME, she said that accusations that her song “Born This Way” is a rip-off of Madonna’s “Express Yourself” are “retarded.”
After making the remark, she quickly apologized for being insensitive.
“I consider it part of my life’s work and music to push the boundaries of love and acceptance,” she told blogger Perez Hilton. “My apologies for not speaking thoughtfully. To anyone that was hurt, please know that it was furiously unintentional. An honest mistake, requires honesty to make … Whether life’s disabilities, left you outcast bullied or teased, rejoice and love yourself today.”
Gaga made headlines Wednesday when Weird Al claimed she refused to allow him to parody “Born This Way.” In the end, Weird Al said that the singer has given him her blessing to mock her.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day