- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Lady Gaga premiered the Joanne track “Million Reasons” at her first Dive Bar Tour date in Nashville on Wednesday night. A short time later, she made the moving ballad available for streaming for Little Monsters who preorder the album.
“You’re giving me a million reasons / To let you go / You’re givin‘ me a million reasons / To quit the show,” she sings in the country-tinged ballad’s first verse.
The acoustic track about the search for even just one reason to stay when everything tells you to walk away builds to a climax in the verse “I bow down to pray / I try to make the worst seem better / Lord show me the way / To cut through all this worn out leather / I’ve got a million reasons to walk away / But baby I just need one good one to stay.”
Joanne will feature guest spots from Florence + the Machine’s Florence Welch and Father John Misty, as well as production work from the likes of Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age, Beck, Kevin Parker of Tame Impala and Mark Ronson.
The three-date Dive Bar Tour will continue with shows on Oct. 20 and 27.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day