- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Memo to Little Monsters everywhere: Lady Gaga has finished work on her next album, but you’ll have to wait the entire summer to know what it’s called.
The Twitter-happy singer posted this message to her gazillion followers on Friday, declaring: “Exciting news little monsters! I’ve played my new record for my label and will be announcing my new Album Title in September!”
Her previous album, 2011’s Born This Way, spawned the hit single of the same name as well as “The Edge of Glory,” an insta-karaoke classic on par with “Bad Romance” circa her 2009 megahit record The Fame Monster.
Gaga is currently out on her Born This Way Ball tour; last week, one of her undeniable music influences, Madonna, sampled the song “Born This Way” during the Tel Aviv kick-off of her MDNA tour. (The two are leading parallel-ish lives: both singers’ albums, Born This Way and MDNA, respectively, had major second-week sales drops after hitting No. 1 on the Billboard music chart.)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day