- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
As Lady Gaga’s Joanne release date approaches, the pop star has shared a snippet of a new song called “Just Another Day” that she says was inspired by David Bowie. Speaking with Ryan Seacrest on Tuesday, the singer discussed her new album that’s due out in just over two weeks and teased the new song that’s available on the LP’s deluxe edition.
“It’s probably the most New York-glam-pop song on the album,” she explained. “It’s the one that heirs from [David] Bowie and Marc Bolan [of T.Rex] and then maybe from some obscure London metal stuff, the Beatles. It also kind of airs from the electroclash movement from New York and that’s kind of when I started coming up, was right after that.”
She sings on the song, “Just another way to prove I love you and it’s hard today / I’ll lay back in my chair and find a way.” Listen to it here around the 11:30 mark. Joanne is out Oct. 21.
Watch the preview below.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day