- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The singer’s “Born This Way” is officially is the fastest selling single ever on iTunes, Apple announced today.
Once the song, the first single off Gaga’s anticipated full-length (due May 23), dropped on iTunes last Friday it was an instant smash around the globe. “Born This Way” dominated from Europe to Australia as soon as it was released, hitting the top spot in 23 countries. More than one million downloads of the controversial song were sold in just five days, Apple said today.
In addition to breaking the iTunes record this week, Gaga graces the cover of the current edition of Billboard magazine.
“Born This Way” is the 1,000th No. 1 song on the Billboard Hot 100.
“I’m humbled, honored and overwhelmed at the reception to “Born This Way,” the singer told Billboard in an interview. “This has been so life-changing for me. Between Billboard and the international No. 1s, and the radio numbers…I couldn’t be more blessed to have the fans I have,” Gaga said.
“I knew when I wrote the song it was special,” the singer added.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day