- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Around midnight, just after Dec. 31 became Jan. 1, Gaga tweeted a link to the song on iTunes and wrote, “pink champagne, gold lamé, hair, and fearlessness.”
Here’s ‘Do What U Want feat. Christina Aguilera’ STUDIO Version. http://t.co/sWNa0qWVdQ pink champagne, gold lame, hair, and fearlessness.
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) January 1, 2014
Gaga and Aguilera previously surprised and thrilled fans by performing the Gaga song together during the finale of the The Voice in December. As 2014 arrived, Aguilera also shared news of the new release, tweeting, “Happy New Year! Loved performing #DWUW with Lady Gaga, so we made a special version.”
— Christina Aguilera (@xtina) January 1, 2014
Before the new version, Lady Gaga released “Do What U Want” featuring R. Kelly on her 2013 album ARTPOP.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day