- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Maybe it defies the laws of nature, but Lana Del Rey‘s red-hot rise will suffer no cool down from the watery dive in her new video.
Newly released, the accompanying short for her song “Blue Jeans” sees Del Ray instead in a classic one-piece bathing suit, flashing her patented blend of emotionless allure as she devotes her heart to — and then laments the breakup with — a pursuant swimmer, played by Bradley Soileau. He also starred in Del Ray’s video for “Born to Die.”
Black and white and pulling focus throughout, the video rocks like a boat floating on a calm sea, better to peer deeply into Del Ray’s unblinking eyes.
It’s certainly a less provocative imagery than the single cover art for “Blue Jeans,” which features a man’s hand around her neck.
The video comes ahead of Del Ray’s appearance on the March 22nd American Idol.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Stranger Things 4
This Is Me ... Now