- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lil Wayne’s upcoming ninth album, Tha Carter IV, won’t be released until Aug. 29, MTV News reports.
The delay isn’t the first postponement of the album’s release, which was reported to have been in the works since 2008.
Earlier this year, Lil Wayne — who served an eight-month stint in prison last year after being convicted of possession of a weapon — announced on his “I Am Still Music” tour that Tha Carter IV would be in stores May 16. Then in April, it was reported that the album was pushed back to June 21.
Lil Wayne’s 2008 full-length Tha Carter III sold more than 1 million copies in the U.S. its first week in release. Tha Carter III won the Grammy for best rap album and featured the popular single “Lollipop.”
But Lil Wayne isn’t the only one whose album is delayed.
DJ Khaled’s latest, We the Best Forever, was originally set for a June 28 release date, but it will now hit stores July 19.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day