- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Paul McCartney didn’t bring out Kanye West or Rihanna for “Four Five Seconds,” but he still enlisted a pretty awesome musician for a collaboration at Lollapalooza tonight (July 31) in Chicago.
Aside from playing a ton of Beatles and Wings classics, Macca also performed a little bit of “FourFiveSeconds,” his collaborative effort with Kanye and Rihanna. Check it out below, and watch him segue into the Beatles’ “We Can Work It Out”:
According to Setlist.fm, this is the first time McCartney has performed “FourFiveSeconds” since the 2015 Grammys, when he played it alongside Rihanna and Kanye. That makes this the first time he has performed it on his own, handling lead vocals.
And that cool collaboration? Alabama Shakes singer-guitarist Brittany Howard onstage for a performance of the Beatles’ “Get Back.” The recent Billboard cover star traded vocals and guitar licks throughout, and even sang lead on the second verse.
Check it out:
McCartney shared a nice shot on his Twitter:
Thank you Chicago! Thank you #Lollapalooza! And thank you Brittany Howard! #OutThere #alabamashakes #Lolla2015 pic.twitter.com/LfQ3zbjv9n
— Paul McCartney (@PaulMcCartney) August 1, 2015
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day