- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With the Olympics weeks away, the video for the London games’ official song — Muse‘s “Survival” — has landed online.
The clip begins with footage of the Olympics rewinding back until the 1800s. Then it propels forward, showing highlights from recent victories featuring swim champ Michael Phelps and gymnast Nastia Liukin, among others. Under the highest of pressure, the athletes are shown pushing their limits to win the gold while Muse frontman Matt Bellamy sings “Survival,” wailing such lyrics as: “I’ll light the fuse/And I’ll never lose/And I choose to survive.”
Last week, Olympic organizers announced “Survival” as the chosen theme; it will be played throughout the broadcast of the games, including when the athletes enter the competitive venues and before the medal ceremonies.
Bellamy has said he wrote the song with the Olympics in mind, and for the group, the song represents “total conviction and pure determination to win.”
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day