- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lou Reed says he’s feeling better after undergoing a serious liver transplant procedure last month.
“I am a triumph of modern medicine, physics and chemistry,” he wrote on his Facebook page. “I am bigger and stronger than stronger than ever. My Chen Taiji and health regimen has served me well all of these years, thanks to Master Ren Guang-yi.”
The wife of the 71-year-old ex-Velvet Underground frontman, Laurie Anderson, had recently revealed that her husband underwent a liver transplant in Cleveland, Ohio last month.
“It’s as serious as it gets,” she told the U.K.’s Times of London paper. “He was dying. You don’t get it for fun.”
The Transformer rocker had cancelled his appearances as the Coachella Music Festival in April this year. But it appears he’s planning on getting back to work soon enough.
“I look forward to being on stage performing, and writing more songs to connect with your hearts and spirits and the universe well into the future,” the artist concluded in his Saturday note.
In addition to his mention of the Tai Chi Chuan practitioner in his Facebook post, Reed also has written and performed original music for Master Ren Guang-yi’s DVD, Power and Serenity.