- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Luke Bryan says his son, Tatum “Tate” Bryan, put his “stamp of approval” on the Kill the Lights single “Way Way Back.”
In his “behind the song” video exclusively given to The Hollywood Reporter, Bryan explains that “Way Way Back” was among the songs he wrote alongside members of his team, but when he got the demo back, he “kind of lived with it in my truck.” He would play it driving up and down the road with his two sons — Boyer and Tatum — sitting in the back seat.
“It’s definitely Tate’s favorite song,” he explains in the video.
He says the song is “the first time Tate’s come to the party, putting his stamp of approval on a song.”
The country singer says his son “flipped out” when he heard his dad’s voice on the finished version, which Bryan presented as “my present to Tate.”
“He flipped out. He loved hearing Daddy’s voice on his favorite song, so ‘Way Way Back’ is out there and Taterbug has got his mark on the album,” Bryan says.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day