- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bryan joins Lady Gaga on the Super Bowl LI lineup. While he’ll be opening the game, Gaga was previously announced as the 2017 halftime show performer; she will be performing without guests.
“Excited to perform the National Anthem on @NFL’s biggest stage #SB51. See y’all in Houston,” Bryan tweeted.
“Is the anthem challenging? Yes. Is it nerve-wracking? Yes. But I moved to Nashville to follow my dreams and singing the National Anthem on that stage doesn’t get any bigger,” he told People.
Bryan added: “I never served in the military — that’s something I wish I had had the opportunity to do, but I feel like this is my way of honoring my country. It’s a little chance to serve.”
The Super Bowl will be played at NRG Stadium in Houston on Feb. 5.
— Luke Bryan (@LukeBryanOnline) January 22, 2017
This story first appeared on billboard.com
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day