- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Madonna is returning to her roots.
The pop superstar has revealed a 30-second teaser clip from her upcoming “Girl Gone Wild” music video. Madonna appears in heavy makeup, smoking a cigarette, while shirtless males dance around her. The tightly shot black and white clip also includes women in full leather and bondage equipment.
The video appears to pay homage to her previous headline-making endeavors, including “Vogue,” “Erotica” and “Human Nature,” with a modern twist. Though the singer hasn’t set an official release date for the full-length video, her hotly anticipated album MDNA is due out March 26.
The tune, a follow up to “Gimme All Your Luvin,” was originally titled “Girls Gone Wild” before Joe Francis — known for his franchise of the same name — threatened legal action against the singer. Madge ultimately dropped the plural from her song title, but claims that the change had nothing to do with Francis’ threats.
“Girl Gone Wild” was recorded in London with DJ Benny Benassi and his cousin, Alle Benassi. The song was written by Vancouver native Jenson Vaughan.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day