- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Now the 53-year-old pop star has released a song written from the perspective of someone taking responsibility for a failed relationship, showing the material mom knows how to work both sides of a breakup.
Madonna takes little time getting to the meat of “I F****D Up.”
“I f****d up, I made a mistake. Nobody does it better than myself,” she sings in the opening line. “I’m sorry. I’m not afraid to say. I wish I could take it back but I can’t.”
Later, she continues to put blame on herself: “Somehow I destroyed the perfect dream. I thought we were indestructible. I never did imagine we could fall.”
MDNA is scheduled for a March 26 release, and Madonna has already dropped singles “Girl Gone Wild,” and “Give Me All Your Luvin,” to promote it. She also performed a giant Super Bowl halftime show featuring Nicki Minaj, M.I.A., Cee Lo Green and LMFAO.
Madonna, who was married to Ritchie from 2000-2008, is planning a world tour in support of MDNA. The first date is scheduled for May 29 in Israel with North American dates planned starting in August.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day