- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Madonna has lashed out at the London Palladium after the U.K. venue chose to cut her show after it overran.
The singer was performing as part of her Madame X Tour on Wednesday night, when the Palladium turned off the lights and sound after she went past her 11 p.m. limit.
Madonna — who often runs over her allotted time and starts her shows later than stated — posted an angry video of the moment on Instagram in which she can be heard shouting, “Censorship, censorship, motherfucking censorship.”
“It was five minutes past our 11 p.m. curfew, we had one more song to do and The Palladium decided to censor us by pulling down the metal fire curtain that weighs nine tons,” she wrote.
“Fortunately they stopped it halfway and no one was hurt. Many thanks to the entire audience who did not move and never left us. Power to the people!!”
The Palladium, which had warned Madonna about performing past the cutoff time, denied that the fire curtain had been used.
“Contrary to a number of reports, at no point during last night’s performance did staff at The London Palladium pull down, or attempt to pull down, the Iron Fire Curtain,” a spokesman told the BBC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day