- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anthony, who is currently on tour in support of his new album, Opus, performed to a packed audience Saturday night at the Bay Area arena. “So honored to be the first latin artist to perform at @ChaseCenter,” he tweeted after the show.
The Chase Center opened Sept. 6 with Metallica and has since hosted artists including Elton John, Janet Jackson, Eric Church, Bon Iver, Chance the Rapper and Mumford & Sons. The venue is also home to the NBA’s Golden State Warriors.
Saturday also marked the release of Anthony’s music video for the song “Lo Que Te Di (Detrás de cámara).” Billboard‘s Leila Cobo describes it as “an evocative track that allows Marc Anthony to stretch the lyrics over the tight, double beat below.” Watch the video below.
Last week, Anthony received the International Artist Award of Excellence at the 2019 Latin American Music Awards.
“Thank you, I would rather sing than talk, but I have to say that this doesn’t happen in one day. We’ve been at this for almost 30 years,” said the performer, who dedicated the award to late Latin singer José José.
— Marc Anthony (@MarcAnthony) October 20, 2019
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day